AmigaActive (1778/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:28 May 2000 at 09:28:33
Subject:Re: CD-R Audio

Wannes Van Causbroeck said,

> On 27-May-00, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>>
>>My system reads and decodes MP3s at 6.7X. Since the burner can pause
>>between tracks, MakeCD is quite capable of burning MP3s direct with the
>>write speed set to 8X, provided you have a reasonable buffer size. 15MB
>>should be more than adequate for most tracks, which is substantially
>>less than I need for burning AACDs at 8X on the fly.

> are you into overclocking or something?

No, I wouldn't dare risk breaking a work machine by messing around like
that.

> what kinda CPU can handle those

604e/233

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Beware! The end is... <aaarrgh!>

Old school buds here: